last modified 28.01.2015
Welcome!. This page explains the terms by which you may use this service. Please read the whole Terms of Service carefully to ensure that you understand each provision.
Here are a few key points that we would like to emphasize (they are not part of the legally binding Terms of Service):
- Our goal is to connect friendly people and help to set up meaningful, interesting conversations. We do not tolerate nudity, obscenity, bullying and any form of harassment. However, we can not guarantee you will not be connected to violators before they are banned. Please report any behavior you find abusive.
- We are not responsible for anything that you post or say while you are using the Services and we don’t monitor conversations or the content of the Services. But if we do see or someone alerts us that you have posted something that we think is inappropriate then we are allowed at our discretion to remove it.
- We may revoke access, delete accounts and remove content at our sole discretion, and will do so, if we suspect that a user violates these Terms of Service.
Terms of Service
Welcome!. By registering, or by using our website, our mobile applications, developer platform, premium services, or other information provided as part of the Services (collectively “vive” or the “Tandem”), you agree that you are entering into a legally binding agreement with Tripod Technology GmbH, Hanomaghof 2, D-30449 Hannover, Germany (“we”, “us”, “our”, “vive”). You also agree that these Terms of Service ("Terms") govern your access to and use of the services and any information appearing on the Services. Your access to and use of the Services is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. By accessing or using the Services you agree to be bound by these Terms.
Ownership, license and warranty for information you submit
You own the information you provide under this Agreement, and may request its deletion at any time, unless you have shared information or Content with others and they have not deleted it, or it was copied or stored by other users. You understand that deleted Content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time, but will not be available to others.
Additionally, you grant Tripod a nonexclusive, irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual, unlimited, assignable, sublicenseable, fully paid up and royalty-free right to copy, prepare derivative works of, improve, distribute, publish, remove, retain, add, process, analyze, use and commercialize, in any way now known or in the future discovered, any information you provide, directly or indirectly to our apps, including, but not limited to, any user generated content, ideas, concepts, techniques or data to the services, you submit to the Services, without any further consent, notice and/or compensation to you or to any third parties. Any information you submit to us is at your own risk of loss.
By providing information to us, you represent and warrant that you are entitled to submit the information and that the information is accurate, not confidential, and not in violation of any contractual restrictions or other third party rights. It is your responsibility to keep your Services account profile information accurate and updated.
Service Eligibility and Account Security.
To be eligible to use the Service, you must meet the following criteria and represent and warrant that you:
- are 14 years of age or older;
- are not currently restricted from vive. If we disable your account you will not create another one without our permission;
- by connecting to vive with Facebook Connect, you give us permission to access and use your information from Facebook as permitted by Facebook;
- are using your real name and identity in your profile and you will not provide any false personal information or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will only maintain one vive account at any given time;
- you have full power and authority to enter into this Agreement and doing so will not violate any other agreement to which you are a party;
- are not a convicted sex offender;
- will not violate any rights, including intellectual property rights such as copyright or trademark rights;
Registration and Account Credentials
By signing up to our apps you agree to:
- keep your password secure and confidential;
- not permit others to use your account;
- refrain from using other Users’ accounts;
- refrain from selling, trading, or otherwise transferring your account to another party or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account;
- that you are responsible for anything that happens through your account until you close down your account or prove that your account security was compromised due to no fault of your own.
You may control your User profile and how you interact with the Service by changing the settings in our app's Profile page or by changing settings before posts are published. By providing us your email address you consent to our using the email address to send you Service-related notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail. We may also use your email address to send you other messages, such as changes to features of the Service or Service Notifications.
Community guidelines and general prohibitions
We are working hard to keep vive a safe place without unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory content and conversations.
Therefore, by using vive you agree:
- not to post, upload, publish, broadcast, stream, display, submit or transmit any text, words, statements, conversations, graphics, images, software, music, audio, video, information or other material that: (i) infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (iii) is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive; (iv) is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, nude, vulgar or offensive; (v) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (vi) is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any other person; or (vii) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances,
- not to use vive to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory,
- not to bully, abuse, harass, stalk, demean, threaten or discriminate any user,
- not to cause or intend to cause embarrassment or distress to, or to threaten, harass or invade the privacy of, any user,
- not to ask for or offer sexually explicit material, and/or material harmful to children,
- not to discuss illegal activity, such as how to obtain or consume illegal drugs and how to make bombs,
- not to solicit login information or access an account that belongs to someone else,
- not to intercept or monitor, damage or modify any communication which is not intended for you
- not submit or post unauthorized or unsolicited commercial communications (such as spam) or any communication not permitted by applicable law in our apps,
- not to collect users' content or information, or otherwise access the Services, using automated means such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers without our permission,
- not to engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on our Services,
- not to not upload viruses or other malicious code,
- not to do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of vive, such as a denial of service attack,
- not to reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for any underlying intellectual property used to provide the Services, or any part thereof; Not to utilize or copy information, content or any data you view on and/or obtain from the Services to provide any service that is competitive, in our sole discretion; not to adapt, modify or create derivative works based on vive or technology underlying the Services, or any individual element within the Services, any of our trademarks, logos or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of any page or form contained in the Services, without our express written consent,
- not to attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any of our systems or networks or breach any security or authentication measures, not to facilitate or encourage any violations of these Terms of Service.
Tripod reserves the right to decide what behaviors fall into these categories and will make reasonable efforts to deny access to users who do not comply with these Terms. However, Tripod does not guarantee you will not be connected to violators before they are banned. Please report abuse by clicking on the REPORT link, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
You understand and agree that you may be exposed to User Content (as defined below) that is inaccurate, objectionable, inappropriate for children, or otherwise unsuited to your purpose, and you agree that vive shall not be liable for any damages you allege to incur as a result of User Content.
Content and Conversations
All content created or published by users, including topics, profiles, the content of video-, audio- or textchats and –conversations, as well as messages submitted through our app’s messaging feature (“Content“), is the sole responsibility of the person who originated such Content, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted. In particular, you are responsible for ensuring that your Content complies with the community guidelines and general prohibitions as set out in paragraph 4 of these Terms.
We reserve the right (but shall have no obligation) to decide whether any Content that you create or use complies with these Terms. We may in our sole discretion remove such Content and/or terminate these Terms and your user account if you publish or use any Content that is in breach of these Terms.
We do not monitor or control the content of video-, audio- or textchats facilitated via the Services and we cannot take responsibility for such Content. Any use or reliance on any Content or materials posted via the Services or obtained by you through the Services is at your own risk.
By using the Services, you agree that any Content that you submit may be transmitted to the recipient of your communication. The Content of communications, especially of Video-, Audio- or Textchats is entirely the responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated and therefore you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, unlawful, harmful to minors, obscene, indecent or otherwise objectionable. The Content of communications may be protected by intellectual property rights, which are owned by third parties.
We do not endorse, support, represent or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any Content or communications posted via our Services or endorse any opinions expressed using the Services. You understand that by using vive, you may be exposed to Content that might be offensive, harmful, inaccurate or otherwise inappropriate, or in some cases, postings that have been mislabeled or are otherwise deceptive. Under no circumstances will vive be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted via Video, Audio- or Textchat or otherwise made available via the Services or broadcast elsewhere.
Quality of Services
While we strive to provide a high quality communication platform, we cannot guarantee that the Services will always function without disruptions, delay or errors. A number of factors may impact the quality of your communications and use of the Services, and may result in the failure of your communications. We take no responsibility for any disruption, interruption or delay caused by any failure of or inadequacy in any of the Services.
Social Media and Networking Sites
As a user of our Services you have the option of granting us access to your accounts on certain third-party social media and networking sites, e.g. Facebook or Twitter (each, an “SNS”) so that we can capture and make available on Services Content that you have stored in your account(s) with such SNSs (“SNS Content”). By granting us access to any such Member SNS Content, you understand that we will access, after you have reviewed the SNS Content accessed by our apps, make available and store (if applicable) such SNS Content so that it is available on the Services. We are not responsible for any SNS Content stored on an SNS that you choose to make available on the Services. Depending on the SNS you choose and subject to the privacy settings you have set in your SNS account(s), personally identifiable information that you post to your SNS account(s) will be available on the Services. Please note that if an SNS account becomes unavailable or an SNS terminates our app’s access to your SNS account(s), any SNS Content from that SNS will no longer be available on the Services. You have the ability to disable the connection between the Services and your SNS accounts, at any time, by accessing the “Settings” section of that SNS. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH EACH SNS, INCLUDING YOUR RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO ANY CONTENT THAT YOU PROVIDE TO AN SNS AND THE STORAGE OF SUCH CONTENT, IS GOVERNED SOLELY BY YOUR AGREEMENT(S) WITH SUCH SNS.
All right, title, and interest in and to the Services (excluding Content provided by users) are and will remain the exclusive property of vive and its licensors. The Services are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of Germany, the United States and other countries. Nothing in the Terms gives you a right to use any of our trademarks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand features.
Notifications and Service Messages.
You agree that vive may communicate with you through your vive account or through other means including email, push notifications or SMS / mobile messaging services. Please review your Settings to control what kind of messages you receive from vive. You acknowledge and agree that we shall have no liability associated with or arising from your failure to maintain accurate contact or other information, including, but not limited to, your failure to receive critical information through or about the Services.
We welcome and encourage you to provide feedback, comments and suggestions for the Services. By submitting ideas, suggestions, documents, and/or proposals ("Feedback") to us through its suggestion or feedback webpages, you acknowledge and agree that: (a) your Feedback does not contain confidential or proprietary information; (b) we are not under any obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to the Feedback; (c) we shall be entitled to use or disclose (or choose not to use or disclose) such Feedback for any purpose, in any way, in any media worldwide; (d) We may have something similar to the Feedback already under consideration or in development; (e) you irrevocably assign to us all rights to your Feedback; and (f) you are not entitled to any compensation or reimbursement of any kind from us under any circumstances.
Our Systems may offer you the opportunity to pay for certain services offered in our apps. Our premium services include opportunities connect with other users more quickly and gain more visibility on the site. Once you have paid for any premium services, they are non-refundable.
Notice and Take-Down
If we receive any notification that any material that you post, upload, edit, host, share, broadcast, stream, transmit and/or publish on the Services (“User Submission”) is inappropriate, infringes any rights of any third party, or if we wish to remove your User Submission for any reason whatsoever, we reserve the right to remove such User Submission for any reason immediately or within such other timescales as may be decided by us in our sole discretion. The User Submission shall be taken down without any admission as to liability and without prejudice to any rights, remedies or defenses, all of which are expressly reserved. You acknowledge and agree that Tripod is under no obligation to put back such User Submission at any time. If User Submissions infringe, or if you believe that User Submissions infringe any of your rights (including intellectual property rights) or are unlawful, please contact us immediately using the on site feature or by sending an E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Termination and Account Cancellation
We will have the right to suspend or disable your Account or terminate these Terms of Service, at our sole discretion, without prior notice to you and without recourse to the courts, if you breach any of these Terms of Service or on thirty (30) days notice if we decide to cease offering the Services to users in your jurisdiction generally. We reserve the right to revoke your access to and use of the Services at any time, with or without cause.
In the event we terminate these Terms of Service for your breach, you will remain liable for all amounts due hereunder, to the extent that there are amounts outstanding and payable to Tripod.
You may cancel your Account at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your access to and use of the Services or any Content is at your own risk. You understand and agree that the Services are provided to you on an "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" basis. Without limiting the foregoing, TRIPOD AND ITS PARTNERS DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. We make no warranty and disclaim all responsibility and liability for the completeness, accuracy, availability, timeliness, security or reliability of the Services or any Content thereon. We will not be responsible or liable for any harm to your computer system, loss of data, or other harm that results from your access to or use of the Services, or any Content. You also agree that we has no responsibility or liability for the deletion of, or the failure to store or to transmit, any Content and other communications maintained by the Services. We make no warranty that the Services will meet your requirements or be available on an uninterrupted, secure, or error-free basis. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained from the Services, will create any warranty not expressly made herein.
Limitation of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, TRIPOD AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFITS, DATA, USE, GOOD-WILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, RESULTING FROM (i) YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES; (ii) ANY CONDUCT OR CONTENT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES; (iii) ANY CONTENT OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICES; AND (iv) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR CONTENT, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER OR NOT TRIPOD HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, AND EVEN IF A REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. SOME COUNTRIES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY IN CONTRACTS WITH CONSUMERS AND AS A RESULT THE CONTENTS OF THIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS ARE UNENFORCEABLE, YOU AGREE THAT OUR LIABILITY TO YOU UNDER THESE TERMS SHALL NOT EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF MONEY PAID INTO YOUR USER ACCOUNT BY YOU.
If any third party brings a claim against us in connection with, or arising out of (i) your breach of these Terms; (ii) your breach of any applicable law of regulation; (iii) your infringement or violation of the rights of any third parties (including intellectual property rights); (iv) your User Submissions or (v) your complaint in relation to any User Submission, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, liability, loss, costs and expenses (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim.
Waiver and Severability
Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be deemed a waiver of such right or provision.
If any provision of this Agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction or arbitrator to be illegal, void, or unenforceable, the unenforceable provision will be modified so as to render it enforceable and effective to the maximum extent possible in order to effect the intention of the provision; and if a court or arbitrator finds the modified provision invalid, illegal, void or unenforceable, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Agreement will not be affected in any way.
We may revise these Terms from time to time, the most current version will always be here http://vive.me/terms.html. If the revision, in our sole discretion, is material we will notify you via e-mail to the email associated with your account. By continuing to access or use the Services after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms.
Law and Forum for Legal Disputes: This Agreement or any claim, cause of action or dispute (“claim”) arising out of or related to this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Germany, regardless of your country of origin or where you access the Services, and notwithstanding of any conflicts of law principles and the United Nations Convention for the International Sale of Goods. You and Tripod agree that all claims arising out of or related to this Agreement must be resolved exclusively by court located in Hannover, Germany, except as otherwise agreed by the parties or as described in the Arbitration Option paragraph below. Notwithstanding the above, you agree that vive shall still be allowed to apply for injunctive remedies (or an equivalent type of urgent legal relief) in any jurisdiction.
Arbitration Option: For any claim (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief), Tripod may elect to resolve the dispute in a cost effective manner through binding non-appearance-based arbitration. In the event Tripod elects arbitration, it shall initiate such arbitration through an established alternative dispute resolution (“ADR”) provider appointed by the Chamber of Industry and Commerce (“Industrie und Handelskammer”) in Hanover, Germany. The ADR provider and the parties must comply with the following rules: (a) the arbitration shall be conducted by telephone, online and/or be solely based on written submissions, the specific manner shall be mutually agreed by the parties; (b) the arbitration shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties; and (c) any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator shall be final.
You agree to the use of electronic communication in order to enter into contracts, place orders, and create other records and to the electronic delivery of notices, policies and changes thereto and records of transactions with us.
You may not assign or delegate any rights or obligations under the Agreement. Any purported assignment and delegation shall be ineffective. We may freely assign or delegate all rights and obligations under the Agreement, fully or partially without notice to you. We may also substitute, by way of unilateral notation, effective upon notice to you, the Services for any third party that assumes our rights and obligations under this Agreement.
You may have rights or obligations under local law other than those enumerated here.
You can reach us via E-mail at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or via postal service or courier at
Tripod Technology GmbH